Executive Stay Respects Your Privacy and we are committed to protect your information
Amendments to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 have extended the application of the National Privacy Principles (Principles) to private entities like Executive Stay. Executive Stay has always placed great importance on the privacy of personal information it collects and holds, and this Policy is designed to help you to understand how we manage your personal information.
What kind of personal data do we collect?
At various times, we will be obliged to ask you, as Executive Stay guests for information about you. Executive Stay only collects personal information which is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to one of more of its business functions or activities. In the course of our day-to-day business, Executive Stay collects personal information at a variety of interactions. Personal information is information that could identify you. This may include;
- Contact details
- Personal information
- Your Photo ID and credit card or other payment information
- Travel and reservation information including your booking dates
- Marketing and communication preferences
When is this data collected
Personal data is collected
- While making a reservation
- During check-in and the payment process
- Throughout your stay
- When providing feedback, complaints/disputes or making requests
- When signing up for loyalty programs
- When participating in guest surveys (for example for Guest Satisfaction)
- During Subscription
- During Online interactions (for example, visiting the Executive Stay website, completing online forms or visiting our social media profiles) for more information see below.
- By Building and Construction Sub-Contractors or Suppliers; and
- From Job Applicants, Employees, and Contractors (who may provide for example, references and tax file numbers).
This information may be collected in a number of ways, though typically we receive information from you by;
- Speaking to us on the telephone;
- Visiting our website, social media channels or via emails;
- Completing a form in relation to an upcoming stay at our Apartment
- In some circumstances we may also receive information about you from a third party. This includes information from online booking sites, travel agency, your social media profiles consistent with your settings on such services; and from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us.
We also use closed circuit television and other security measures at our Apartments that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas, as well as information related to your location while on our properties for the protection of our staff, guests and visitors to our Apartments.
What do we do with this information?
Executive Stay uses the personal information we collect from you for a number of purposes, all of which are essential for the efficient day-to-day operation of our business. Including but not limited to:
- First and foremost, meeting our obligations to our guests
- Managing the reservation
- Communicate and providing you with the information.
- service improvements or service personalisation;
- Managing our business so that we can more accurately tailor the information, products and services we provide for repeat and future guests;
- Where necessary, share your stay information with a 3rd party for authentication purposes for use of services like our Free Wi-Fi to guests;
- Audit purposes to ensure our electronic Apartments systems are accurately reflecting real information (hard copy);
- Marketing & Communications – for more information see below.
- Complying with any legal and regulatory requirements.
- check-in process, and you will be sent an email from us in partnership with TripAdvisor once you have checked-out. If you choose not to opt-in, you will not receive this email.
- Website Forms; We use your personal information should you have a particular query regarding our services through the use of contact forms available on our website. In this context, we may use this information for the purposes of handling your query or complaint.
Our use of ‘Cookies’.
When you interact with our website, we collect information that identifies how you use that channel; such as the pages you visit, the number of visits to our sites or profiles and the amount of time spent on those sites or profiles. Cookies themselves do not contain personal information about you, they essentially operate as a unique identifier and assist us to know what users find interesting on our website.
Our website uses first party cookies for the following purposes;
- Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are essential and help our users to navigate our site and to support security and basic functionality of the site.
- Functional Cookies
- These cookies are used to provide you with the best user experience, such as whether or not a user has visited before or if they’re seeing a certain page for the first time.
- Performance Cookies
- These cookies help us understand the behaviour of site users and how they interact with our website and continuously help us to improve our site to provide the best user experience.
- Advertising Cookies
- These cookies will remember that you visited and also any preferences you entered into our site. These cookies are also used for advertisements of Apartments, deals and other services relevant to your preferences. These cookies also limit the number of times you will be shown an advertisement.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies, however if you wish to remove these Cookies, or block future Cookies – you can change the settings on your individual device at any time. You can update your browser settings by utilising your browser’s “help” menu to learn how to remove or block Cookies. Executive Stay are not responsible for these settings.
Do we provide the information to anybody else?
In the ordinary course of our business your personal information may be provided to a number of third parties like Insurers, financiers, credit providers, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities as agreed or authorised by law.
Executive Stay does not sell personal information or provide it to mailing list companies.
Sensitive information & other legal restrictions.
Sometimes the information we are provided with, is of such a private nature, that it is classed as “Sensitive information”. Executive Stay does not collect information of this nature in the day-to-day course of its business. However in some circumstances (such as provision of medical history by job applicants) it does come up. In such circumstances, the Principles require that information is used only for the purposes for which it was provided, or a directly related secondary purpose.
How do we store personal information?
Safeguarding the privacy of your information is important to us, whether you interact with us personally, by telephone, mail, over the Internet or other electronic media. We hold personal information in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper based files, and take steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We retain your personal data only for the period necessary for the purposes set out in this policy or in accordance with the provisions of applicable law. Executive Stay keep paper records for no more than 12-months after your date of departure. These paper records are securely destroyed.
How do we keep personal information accurate and up-to-date?
We endeavour to ensure that the personal information held is accurate and up-to-date. We realise that this information changes frequently with changes of address and other personal circumstances. Our contact details are set out below. You have the right to access your personal data collected by Executive Stay and to modify it subject to applicable legal provisions.
To make a request to access information we hold about you, please contact us in writing. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. We may charge a fee to cover the cost of verifying the application and locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying any material requested. If the information sought is extensive, we will advise the likely cost in advance and can help to refine your request if required.
Management and security of personal information.
We have appointed a Privacy Officer to oversee our management of personal information in accordance with this policy and the Commonwealth Privacy Act. In addition to this, the systems we use are password protected; with access only granted to those deemed necessary specific to their daily tasks.
Executive Stay trains our employees who handle your information to respect the confidentiality of customer information and your privacy, with breaches of your privacy taken very seriously.
What if you have a complaint?
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can contact Australian Privacy Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au
You can contact us about a privacy-related issue by e-mail, phone, facsimile or post;
Email: [email protected]
Address: 17 Eva Court Seabrook Vic 3028
Updates to this Policy.
This policy was last updated Thursday 20th December 2018.